Thursday, March 6, 2008

Our Snowy Day

What fun we had today in the snow. According to the news, Highland Village had 9 inches of snow - and it was so much fun! Peyton loved the snow and "ate" it up (literally)! I think I had more fun watching him than I ever had as a child myself. Motherhood is so wonderful!






I have to admit that earlier this week we had our first snow, but I was not able to take him out and experience it - as it happened during the later hours of the night (and I was NOT going to wake a sleeping baby!). I was feeling very low on Tuesday morning - feeling like I had been a terrrible mother for not taking him out to experience his first snow. I bawled all the way to school - upset that I was working and not at home with him - playing with him in the snow. So, Marianne (our fantastic sitter/second mommy) had her son, Ryan, bundle up and take Peyton out in the snow with another little boy that she watches, too. He didn't care too much for the snow that day - but it wasn't nearly the great snow that we had today.




Ryan with Peyton on Tuesday morning

The size of these snowflakes today were amazing. I don't think I have ever seen such big flakes. I was so "giddy" coming home. I called Jon several times to make sure that he was ready to play in the snow - of course he was - what was I thinking? :) When I came home with Peyton, I felt just like a little kid again - SO EXCITED....let's go play in the snow!!!! We got all bundled up and went out and had the best time. Peyton just plopped down at one point and sat there and just played. He ate a bunch of the snow (cold stuff is always good for the teething...). Of course, the fun had to end...it was cold and Daddy made us come inside. That party pooper!




I know that fun was shared by all. It was great to see him enjoy the snow (and eat it, too). I can't wait until he is old enough to run and play and throw snowballs back at mommy and daddy! (...well, maybe I can...)












1 comment:

Kristi said...

YEA! Thanks for sharing! I liked your blog to mine so now I can check it whenever I'm updating mine....love the pics!He's such a cuttie pie! Can't wait for playdates!

I felt bad that Stephanie didn't go out in the snow....but quickly got over it! I put her in her snow bunny outfit and we just played inside (and took lots of pictures of the snow outside :) Hoping you have a snow day tomorrow to make more memories....